MS Edge Extension Prompt

Options

Hello,

I have a computer that uses MS Edge for a browser. It has only one extension installed, which is 1Password. It's been running perfectly fine until this morning when I got a prompt that said:

1Password – Password Manager is turned off
To turn on this extension, please accept the new permissions.
· Modify data you copy and paste
The two options you can click on are: “Accept Permissions” or “Remove”

Since I can confirm that 1Password is the only extension installed, I am inclined to accept the permissions but I am wondering what prompted this message, when it's been working fine for months.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @lodaka

The team is investigating. Thank you for the report.

• mhmt
    mhmt
    Community Member
    Options

Today my browser extension is no longer available. It wants me to Accept Permissions to "modify data you copy and paste".

Is this expected behaviour? Anyone else seeing the issue?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Edge

• lodaka
    lodaka
    Community Member
    Options

This is the same issue I had earlier today: https://1password.community/discussion/142765/ms-edge-extension-prompt#latest

They are looking into it.

• bradnickel
    bradnickel
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Experiencing similar issue with Edge on Macos.

Browser basically locked up this evening multiple times. I forced it to shut down and then restarted. Notice 1password was not available in extensions toolbar. Went to Manage Extensions and saw that 1password was turned off. Clicked the switch to turn it on and was prompted with a full set of password requests like it was the first time the browser was installed.

I would normally ok, but the behavior beforehand was too strange and then the full permissions being asked for again makes me concerned.

• BMRob
    BMRob
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Similar message here.....

1Pass Extn Version shown below

• steph.giles
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hey @mhmt,

This is a notification from 1Password to enable permissions in 1Password for Edge and the extension in Edge will not work until it is accepted. I apologize for the abrupt message and it is ok to click Accept permissions. From what we have encountered, it seems to be related to the latest Windows update and our team is currently investigating why Edge is showing this notification.

If you can't use 1Password for Edge after clicking accept or the notification shows again, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

ref: dev/core/core#24546

• bradnickel
    bradnickel
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening on Macos as well, so I am still a bit concerned that something wonky is going on. IN addition, after a reboot after this happened, I received an error from Macos, that system extensions needed to be rebuilt, so the combination of those two things happening at the same time and that the error in Edge is only with 1password, I am not sure if you have identified the issue if you think it is a Windows upgrade issue if happening on Macos.

• ALMH
    ALMH
    Community Member
    Options

I also had the same issue yesterday -a notice that 1 password was turned off followed by a notification that I should allow permissions .I was however still able to use my 1Password in the edge browser in windows 10 I had no Notifications on my iPhone in safari. I am not so sure this just requires accepting the permissions as brad Nickel commented . I am not sure I would like to accept the permissions and have my 1 password be one unuseable until 1 password iis able to sort out this problem (whether iit is a 1 password issue or windows etc )

• ALMH
    ALMH
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to follow up on the notifications some of us were seeing on October 12/13 advising us to allow permissions. Today this notification has disappeared from the settings in spite of me not taking any action to allow the requested permissions. I presume it must have been related to the edge upgrade and between 1Password and Microsoft they were able to rectify the error.

• bradnickel
    bradnickel
    Community Member
    Options

It would be great if 1password would officially comment on this. Since it happened, Edge has been locking up multiple times per day and it was not having any issues prior.

• bradnickel
    bradnickel
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Seriously considering just removing 1password from the browser until they provide some answers. The behavior is just too sketchy.

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

@BMRob, @ALMH, @bradnickel, and @lodaka

I’m sorry you’re having trouble using 1Password in Edge. We identified an issue with the version of 1Password that’s installed from the Edge Add-on store and have released an update to resolve that issue.

Please make sure that you're running 2.16.1 from the Microsoft Edge web store: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

If you are running 2.16.1 and still see the same issue then please let me know and I can help further.

-Dave