Unable to reveal password "on secure drive"

Options

I have my 1Password settings set to always reveal passwords. Some accounts still say the password is on the secure drive. How do I see my passwords? Some accounts are frozen until I can fix this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @KeithJackson! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble with revealing passwords. Can you tell me a little more about the issue? Are you seeing the message in the browser extension or the desktop app? On a Mac, Windows PC, or another device? To help me better understand the situation I'd also like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• KeithJackson
    KeithJackson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I am not a techie. Neither the brower or the app will provide the password that I need to set up 2 step verification with my new iphone. I will try to figure out how to change a screen shot to a picture and then how to remove the account numbers.

• KeithJackson
    KeithJackson
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing the message in Chrome on Windows.

• KeithJackson
    KeithJackson
    Community Member
    Options

See picture

• @KeithJackson

Thanks for posting the screenshot. It looks like you're saved "on secure drive" as the password for your Scotia Bank account in 1Password. If this was a mistake then you might be able to restore the actual password by following these steps:

1. Open the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Click on the item for Scotia Bank.
    3. Hover over the password field and then click on the down arrow that appears to the right of the password field.
    4. Click View password history.
    5. Find the right password and click Copy.
    6. Click Done.
    7. Click Edit.
    8. Paste the password in the password field and click Save.

If that doesn't work, or if you don't see password history, then you'll need to contact Scotia Bank to reset your password. Make sure that you save the new password in 1Password when you've set it on Scotia Bank's website.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

• KeithJackson
    KeithJackson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I keep my bank password on a digital drive so it is not on the internet. I am confusing your reveal password secrecy with my secure drive reference. Things get harder as I get older.

• @KeithJackson

I'm happy that the mystery was solved. 🙂

Is there a reason why you're keeping some of your passwords on a secure drive? Passwords saved in 1Password are always encrypted on your device locally before being backed up to your account on 1Password.com. They never leave your device unencrypted. The encryption that 1Password uses is end-to-end, which means that no one but you can decrypt and access your passwords since only you have the encryption secret (your account password and Secret Key).

You can read more about 1Password's security here: About the 1Password security model

-Dave