To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Missing secret key and emergency kit

Options
WIKEVIN
WIKEVIN
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Memberships

I've cleared out the browser data in my google chrome and when trying to log into 1password, I'm unable to login without the secret key. I don't have my emergency kit, is there anyway to reset the account linked to my email (i'm ok with losing my information)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @WIKEVIN! 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with accessing your 1Password account. At 1Password, we value your privacy and security. Because of that, your account password and Secret Key are tools to decrypt your information and are stored on your device. They are never transmitted to us: About your Secret Key

You can find your Secret Key on 1Password.com if you have already signed in, or in the 1Password apps where you have added your 1Password account - Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

If you still can't find your Secret Key, or if you're using an SSO account for work and never received a Secret Key, then please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that the team can take a look at your account and advise further.

-Dave