"Open in 1Password" from Quick Search doesn't open to selected item

Options
  1. Close the main 1Password window
  2. Hit the universal hotkey to bring up the Quick Search dialog
  3. Search for an item
  4. Click the 3 dot menu to the right of the item you want to select, it brings up the list of choices for that item.
  5. Select "Open in 1Password"
  6. The main 1Password window appears, but your item is not automatically selected. You now need to enter the title of the item in the search bar to find it. It should have opened up to the item that you had selected in Quick Search.

Note that if the 1Password main window is already open, then the "Open in 1Password" choice from Quick Search will correctly bring the 1Password main window forward and select the right item. The error only occurs if the 1Password main window is closed.

The image below shows the "Open in 1Password" being selected in Quick Search.

1Password Version: 8.10.18 Beta 81018005
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 13.6
Browser: N/A

Comments

• Hello @Stauff! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue, I can confirm that our developers are aware and are investigating. Hopefully this will be fixed soon in a future update to 1Password. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24165

• Stauff
    Stauff
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Thanks again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• brutos
    brutos
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening for me from the browser extension.

Close 1PW, click browser extension, click the three dots, click edit in 1Password. The one password app opens but it doesn't open to the target item just a random item in 1Password.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.18 (81018019)
    Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.16.1 21600101
    OS Version: Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 (happens on lastest version on Mac also)
    Browser: Firefox 118.0.2(happens in Brave, Safari and Edge also)

• @brutos

Thanks for reporting the issue, it does indeed affect both items opened from Quick Access and items opened from 1Password in the browser. We plan to include a fix for the issue in a future update to 1Password, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave