Unable to save passkey for my Google account to 1Password on Firefox

Options

Comments

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

Having same issue with Firefox (116.0.2) on Ubuntu (22.04.3). Chrome on same device seems to be able to save the Google passkey to 1P. Still seems to be bypassing an inserted Yubi5c key.

• @AlmoEnd

Can you confirm the version of 1Password installed in your Firefox?

If you click the security key icon in the 1Password prompt, does it fall back to the Ybi5c key selection?

Moreover, if you don't mind, can you install another more updated version of Firefox to test? I understand you might want to keep version 116.0.2, so you can try the beta version of Firefox separately.

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

It's 8.10.16. What about the issue with Yubikey? Best case would be to use Yubi as 2FA for 1P rather than storing the PK on it. Is that possible? I'd rather not install a beta of FF, I'll wait for them to catch up to Chrome and Edge on Linux.

• @AlmoEnd

Thanks for the reply. To clarify: can you let us know what version of the browser extension you have installed in Firefox? You can check by typing about:addons into your address bar, clicking Extensions, and then clicking 1Password - Password Manager.

It looks like Firefox 118.0.2 is available for Linux, are you able to update to this version: Firefox 118.0.2, See All New Features, Updates and Fixes

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like 2.5.1 is the version, although it took me a while to glean that info from firefox/addons/extensions/1Password (mouse-over?). Have the latest version on Windows 118.0.2 but under Ubuntu (where I'm having the issue) it is still 116 but says "Firefox is up to date".

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

I used snap refresh firefox and now I'm at 118.0.2. What should I try next?