Autofill in Safari is slow

Options
pverhoye
pverhoye
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Since I've been using 1PW8, the autofill in safari is really slow. Not in firefox, not in chrome or brave, only in safari. And then suddenly it is as it should be....until an update. For example 2 days ago it was fine, but now with Sonoma installed it is slow again.

Support was unable to really see why in the past but still, I can't be the only one?

BB
Peter

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @pverhoye,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with 1Password in Safari. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• pverhoye
    pverhoye
    Community Member
    Options

Ticket created: [#TUR-16992-416]

• Thank you for sharing this @pverhoye. I have located your ticket, I hope we can get things back on track for you soon.

ref: TUR-16992-416

• grovolis21
    grovolis21
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem, autofill has been really unreliable for me on Safari. I have to reload some pages several times to even get the 1Password icon. Autofill doesn't always show up, even after click the 1P icon.

• Hi @grovolis21,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing trouble with autofill in Safari. Since you're having to repeatedly reload the page, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the behaviour and send over some diagnostics from your Safari browser, as well as the 1Password desktop app if installed:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. We'll then be in touch to assist you further.

• wavded
    wavded
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Also have noticed the same issue. Very slow to load autofill, sometimes doesn't load at all. I should say I have been using 1P8 for Safari for a long time. This started happening when I upgraded to Sonoma.

• @wavded

I'm sorry that you're seeing a similar issue. Can you please also send in a console log and diagnostics report so that we can investigate further? You can follow the same instructions in David's post earlier: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/697879/#Comment_697879

-Dave

• wavded
    wavded
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P , thanks, I submitted those diagnostic reports, hopefully that helps narrow it down.

• Thank you @wavded, can you share the support ID here so I can track down your support ticket?

• wavded
    wavded
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, it’s [#BWW-86675-891]

• @wavded

Thanks for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague replied to your email yesterday, please continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: BWW-86675-891

This discussion has been closed.