1password to ask for biometric confirmation on browser extension autofill

Options
TinhoLoco
TinhoLoco
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

It would be awesome to have the option to require biometric confirmation to autofill fields in a browser, just like safari asks for touchID to autofill from the iCloud Keychain. This would increase the security of the browser extension and the overall feeling native on macOS.

When to require biometric confirmation:

• when I click on a email, password, credit card or identity field, 1 password shows a menu of the saved items I can choose between. When I choose the one I want to autofill by highlighting it with the mouse (without clicking it), if I put my finger on the fingerprint reader the field is filled with the highlighted item.

• The same confirmation should be asked when logging in with passkeys.

• if I click on the item, the browser prompts a touchid request.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.0
Browser: Chrome (Arc)

Comments

• Hello @TinhoLoco,

Thanks for reaching out! You can unlock the browser extensions through TouchID if it's integrated with the 1Password desktop app.

For some context, the 1Password extension connects to the 1Password desktop app through a feature called Shared Lock State. With this feature, when you sign into the app, you'll also be signed into the extension.

If TouchID is set in the 1Password desktop app and integration is enabled, the browser extension will prompt for TouchID through the desktop app so they can unlock at the same time.

May I ask if you have TouchID enabled in the 1Password desktop app? If so, can you check if the integration settings are enabled. Here's how -> If the 1Password browser extension doesn’t unlock when you unlock the 1Password app.

I look forward to hearing back from you.