Unable to delete vaults imported from LastPass

Options
Endareth
Endareth
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Business and Teams

In the process of migrating from LastPass to 1Password, and after importing shared folders and moving the contents into team Vaults, I'm left with a stack of "Imported <LastPassFolderName>" vaults that aren't editable or deletable, either from browser or app. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Endareth,

I'm Scott on the 1Password support team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for contacting us about removing imported vaults. If you have permission to manage a vault, it can be removed on 1Password.com. Sign in to an account, click Vaults in the sidebar, then click on the name of the vault. A More actions button will appear on the left, and clicking it will reveal the option to delete a vault if you are able to do so.

If the above steps don't work, I believe we'll need to discuss account specific information to help you further. Since this is a public space, personal and private details shouldn't be shared here. I'd like to ask you to send an email to BusinessSupport@1Password.com with your message so our support team can work with you privately.

Thank you,

• Endareth
    Endareth
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response Scott. After more tinkering, retesting the import process, and discussions with our 1Password admin, it looks like it might be a bug when importing permissions from LastPass. Even using the email domain mapping, only a single vault came over with its expected permissions (I.e. myself having Manager access), all the remaining ones I had no Manager access. The Shared Folders in LastPass had the same permissions with me as Admin.
    Not going to worry about it further, I’ve moved all the creds out to new vaults and our admin has been able to delete the now empty vaults.

• Hello Endareth,

I'm glad to hear your admin was able to remove the vaults after you moved the data to another one.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, and have a wonderful weekend.