Control settings for windows (MDM)

Options
dlbpass
dlbpass
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Business and Teams

I see there are options for controlling some settings for MacOS installs but I don't see any mention for MDM like management for Windows device. Is it possible to force settings for enterprise installs? If not, I'd like to submit that as a feature request.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @dlbpass, welcome to the 1Password Support Community.

Right now, there is only official support for MDM for 1Password 8 for Mac and iOS. Although there isn't currently a way to manage settings for 1Password 8 for Windows for your team, I've shared your request to our team internally for consideration.

Let me know if you have any additional details about your use case or requirements (which settings would you specifically want to force disable or enable). I can also pass that along to the team as well. 👍

ref: pb-36034940

• dlbpass
    dlbpass
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for submitting that as a feature request. We currently use Jamf to manage our Apple devices. It's nice to be able to force disable and enable some settings. I'd like the same options available for Mac and iOS to be available for Windows as well.

Thank you!

• Perfect, thanks @dlbpass. I've updated the request internally with your latest comments. Our team will be here to assist if you need us going forward.

• PHarrison
    PHarrison
    Community Member
    Options

Just to echo that we also noticed the lack of ability to control settings in the 1Password app on Windows. We would like to set similar settings to those on iOS and macOS.

FWIW though, rather than trying to implement these through different methods on each OS (preference files on macOS, managed config on iOS and Android, who knows on Linux, OMA-DM/GPO on Windows) why not allow us set the settings in the web admin console and then any time a user logs in from any client regardless of OS it will apply the company settings because they’re logging in to our company 1Password account? This should be much easier to implement because 1Password own the configuration channel end-to-end.

• Hello @PHarrison,

Thanks for sharing your idea. While I don't have anything to new announce at this time, I'm glad to share that options to control how teams use 1Password is on our radar, including in the apps, browser extensions, and website. Settings to control the 1Password apps are still limited, but you may be interested in our new Manage team policies in 1Password Business feature which has some options. As you may expect, we're thinking about what other policies would make sense to add, but can't share any timelines at this time.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions, and have a wonderful weekend.