Passkeys on Amazon.com ?

Options
Wildcat_1
Wildcat_1
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I see Amazon.com on the passkeys.directory shows sign in with Passkey supported but I don't see this in the Amazon account page. Anyone else confirm that Amazon IS supporting passkeys at this time ?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• kodaviz
    kodaviz
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to set mine up by going to amazon.com on my desktop. My Account->Login & Security->Passkey.

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member
    Options

@kodaviz thats so strange. I only see Password and 2 Step Verification, no Passkey option in the Login & Security menu

• CaptainJD
    CaptainJD
    Community Member
    Options

I am not certain but I think Amazon were initially doing regional passkey rollouts, as were PayPal.??

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member
    Options

@CaptainJD yeah I see them on Paypal along with HW keys etc but NOT Amazon at the moment.

• ajma
    ajma
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, it's not just me. I don't see the ability to setup a passkey on amazon either. I've got a US Account.

• danielhopkins
    danielhopkins
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see it either. Must not be rolled out yet. It would be nice to have someway to see how many people have actually gotten a passkey from passkeys.directory to understand if it's in this rollout pattern.

• Maelstromeous
    Maelstromeous
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@steph.giles Can we update https://passkeys.directory to denote if a service is "rolling out" passkeys rather than them being generally available? As an actaul "status" tab in the directory not buried in the description?

Something like this perhaps:

• @Maelstromeous I think that's a good idea! I've passed on your feedback to the team responsible for the passkeys.directory.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other feedback or questions!

• khord
    khord
    Community Member
    Options

While I have the option to add a passkey in my Amazon account and it saved to 1Password, I see no popup to sign in with the passkey after I log out of my Amazon account.

• @khord

Do you see the username field? If so fill it then you should see the password prompt and you'll need to click the button. I did not see the button for a long time and it recently appeared on my login screen. It's likely a slow roll out or something of that nature.

• khord
    khord
    Community Member
    Options

I do not get the button after filling the username field, so yeah probably just not rolled out to me yet. It is a weird choice on their end though to roll out the passkey creation to a given user at a different time than the ability to use it. No big deal though, was just curious if I was missing something.

• From my experience, no you're not and I say that only because it took me so long to see that button.

• timl23
    timl23
    Community Member
    Options

Just a note, I don’t think the Amazon app supports passkeys. So you still have to hang on to your password. I have yet to see an implementation the lets you completely ditch your password.

• azmurph
    azmurph
    Community Member
    Options

When I go in Account, Login & Security, there is a Setup Passkey item 4th down. I set it up last night. So far, this one and Kayak are very clear and easy to setup and also remove if you like. Some of the others have gone out of their way to make it confusing (I see you CVS).

• @timl23

That's a good point, thank you for sharing.

@azmurph

I'm happy that you were able to save a passkey for Amazon and Kayak. 🙂

-Dave

• pollack
    pollack
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

PSA: passkeys with Amazon will not work on Firefox (macOS 118.0.2 time of writing)

I have successfully been able to use passkeys on Chrome and Safari.

I will test later on my windows machine, and edit my comment accordingly.

• jasmas
    jasmas
    Community Member
    Options

I am able to create and store a passkey in 1Password on iOS (iPhone 15) but am unable to log in with it using safari mobile. I've tried deleting and recreating several times. Creation is never a problem, but there is an error when trying to log in with it.