scim bridge error with lets crypt

Options

Hi!

I have a problem because as I add the dns record (I added a and txt) unfortunately they are not working properly. It pops up such an error below, I tried on two different domains and unfortunately nothing comes through.
Someone wrote that it could be about the Lets Crypt limit, but the end was not about that, but did not write a solution.
Does anyone know what I can do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOs Sonoma 14.1
Browser: Firedfox

Comments

• hemal.g_1p
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @gpiotrowskijjit

Thanks for reaching out.
    Did you wait a few minutes for the DNS to propagate? Sometimes takes time when you point(add) the IP address to your A DNS record and domain, depending on your DNS vendor.
    I'd suggest to try to verify your domain in this format: scim.example.com

The rate-limit errors are due to Let's Encrypt rate limiting you due to the several requests sent to try to validate the domain used for your SCIM bridge. Because of this rate limit enforced on the subdomain, there are two possible ways to fix it:

1. Wait out the rate limit for Let's Encrypt to offer your domain the TLS certificate. The waiting time is about a week until LetsEncrypt has reset the limit restriction.

2. Or reconfigure a new IP and change your DNS A entry to have a new domain pointed to the new IP.

This will enable Let's Encrypt to see a completely new domain and new IP to supply a new TLS certificate.

Let us know how that goes.

• gpiotrowskijjit
    gpiotrowskijjit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @hemal.g_1p

Unfortunately, we waited for DNS propagation, but it did not change anything.

Likewise, we also waited for Let's Encrypt to reset the limit and it also did nothing.

I've created the IP about 6 times and also the problem continues.

Are there any other solutions?

• Hey @gpiotrowskijjit,

It appears ohmydev.pl would be the parent domain. Would you be able to create an A record with the public IP address of the 1Password SCIM Bridge? Example: scim.ohmydev.pl

The root of the problem is that there is no IP assigned, which is required.

If you'd like to open a ticket with us at integrations@1password.com, I would be happy to work with you on getting this completed.