Apple ID and 1Password

Options
Darcorn
Darcorn
Community Member

Hi guys!

I've been using 1Password for a while now and it's the best password manager I've used so far. All of my passwords are generated by the built-in generator except my Apple ID password which is considered weak. I'd love to change it to a stronger one but the problem is that I'm afraid. What if I have to activate a new device and I don't have access to 1Password yet. I've been mulling over using iCloud Keychain just for this one password but I don't want to use two password managers.

Any advice on what I can do?

Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.0.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @Darcorn! 👋

Thank you for the question! You wrote:

I've been mulling over using iCloud Keychain just for this one password but I don't want to use two password managers.

Are you referring to your account password for your 1Password account here? Or the password for your Apple ID? If you store your Apple ID password inside of iCloud Keychain then that's a bit like storing a key to a safe inside of the safe since you need your Apple ID password to access your iCloud Keychain.

I recommend that you use 1Password generate a strong and unique password for your Apple ID and then save that password in 1Password: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

You can then reveal your Apple ID password in 1Password from another device or from 1Password.com and then type the password into the new device. Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

• Darcorn
    Darcorn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice Dave :)

• I'm happy to help! 🙂

-Dave