To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature request: an option for Watchtower to include archived items

Options
ShadyMoose
ShadyMoose
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Memberships

I think it would be great if there was an option to include archived items in Watchtower. The archive is great for getting unused accounts out of my face, but the way I see it, just because I no longer use an account does not mean it no longer poses a potential security/privacy risk. An old account may still contain personal data that could be stolen in a breach. I may also need the account again someday. The Watchtower would be the perfect tool to keep watch over those accounts I want to forget about.

Since I am sure many people use the archive differently than I do, I think this feature, if added, should come in the form of a Watchtower setting: "Include archived items in Watchtower". If turned on, archived items would be included in all Watchtower checks, and unwanted notifications could be ignored as usual to remove them from Watchtower on an individual basis. If turned off, Watchtower would ignore the archive like it does currently.

I just realized I posted this in the Mac forum by mistake.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @shadymoose,

Thanks so much for this feature request to view and/or toggle the view of archived items in Watchtower.

While I can't make any promises, I've passed your request along to the Product team for consideration.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have any other suggestions, just let us know!

ref: PB 36427982