LogIn following logout question

Options

I logIn to a website successfully. I then logOut successfully and the site usually displays a successful logout window. I then go to log back in via 1Password in the same manner as I did the first time. The choice within 1Password now says Autofill and not Open and Fill. But there is nothing to autofill as the window is still a successful logout window and not a logIn window. Autofill in this sequence has no functionality that I can find. I have to close the logOut Window and go to 1Password to log in.
I do not understand if I am doing something incorrectly. Please help. Part of the question is I do not understand the functionality of Autofill
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @astandre,

If you are already on the website in question 1Password will display 'Autofill' next to the item. If you are not already on the website then 1Password will display 'Open and Fill'.

1Password uses the website URL to determine which of the two options to display. If you have logged out of a website you will either need to go back to the login page to fill or you can leave the website and 'Open and Fill' from the login item.

I hope this helps.

• astandre
    astandre
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is what I have been doing. Honestly, I think 1Password should study this sequence as there are many sites that do not return to their login page when one logs out. Thus, if one wants to log back in there are more steps. My sense is that if the URLs do not exactly match then 1Password should open another Tab and Open/fill as it usually does

• Hi @astandre,

Thanks for these additional details, I can certainly see the merit in the autofill/open & fill option being dynamic based on an exact URL match. I've shared this internally for further consideration. If you're comfortable sharing, I'm happy to add an example website so the team can reproduce your experience first hand.

In case it's helpful in the meantime, hovering over the saved website in an item will always show the option to Open & Fill:

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and thanks for sharing your feedback!

ref: PB-36433390