Open/Fill functionality

Options

I have a link to Bank of America for my wife and a separate login for myself. When I perform open/fill for my wife the username and password fill properly; I hit login and the site opens. When I perform open/fill for myself the username and password fill in BUT within a second the password 'erases'. I must then go the the 1password icon in the password space and use it to fill in the password. This sequence doesn't happen for any other logins.
Ant suggestions to improve this functionality so they both function similarly.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @astandre,

The behaviour you are describing sounds interesting. Can you compare your wife's Bank or America login item with your own and let me know is the website URL saved within the two items the same?

• astandre
    astandre
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I checked that before posting and they are the same URL

• Thank you for getting back to me @astandre.

I'd like to do some further testing on my end, can you let me know the exact URL of the login page?

Are you using Open and Fill from your 1Password desktop app or are you clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choosing Open and Fill from here?

Finally can you let me know if both of the login items are stored in your 1Password account or do you have separate accounts/devices?

Thanks in advance!

• astandre
    astandre
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the BofA URL https://secure.bankofamerica.com
    Using the browser toolbar
    both login items are in our Family account

good luck

• Hi @astandre,

I've tested things out on the website you shared with us, but I'm unable to reproduce the same behaviour. Can you make sure that your browser is up to date?

Afterwards, can you try manually updating the item, and seeing if the behaviour persists or not? Here's how you can do that:

1. Go to the Bank of America login page.
    2. Type or copy/paste your email and password manually - don't click to log in.
    3. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    4. Select 'Save Login'.
    5. Click "Update" in the prompt.
    6. Close the webpage.
    7. Click 1Password in your browser's toolbar, select the updated Bank of America item, then click "Open & Fill".

Let us know if that works for you.