Wrong target of context menu in search results window

Options
finwe
finwe
Community Member

Hi,

I already wrote about the intellectually impaired search results overlay window. I still stand behind all my previous UX notes, I guess there are still no changes planned?

Today I noticed another weird behaviour - while trying to raise a context menu for the item in the search overlay (you know, what if?), the overlay is closed, but the context menu is opened for an item under the overlay menu, which is super silly.

Either the overlay should close and no menu should appear, or the context menu for the item in the overlay should appear, or the item detail should be opened as if I left-clicked. Or, of course, nothing should happen at all.

1Password Version: 8.10.20 (81020012)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Hey @finwe, thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention.

I've reproduced the behaviour you described and filed an internal issue for our developers to investigate this further.

I still stand behind all my previous UX notes, I guess there are still no changes planned

We don't have any changes to share at this time regarding the search results overlay window. That said, our product team is actively looking at ways to improve the 1Password experience and your feedback has been shared with them.

Let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#25453