Delete actions missing from Activity Log

Options
Bodewes
Bodewes
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Business and Teams

Recently I discoverd some deleted items from a shared vault. In order to determine who deleted the item I looked in the activity log. There where all kinds of actions logged, but no delete-actions.

To validate this I deleted an other item from a shared vault. This action was not recored in the log of that vault.

The only record was 'edited'? (bijwerken in dutch). I expected a delete-action. How do i find out who deleted an item (aka moved it to recently deleted)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @Bodewes,

Right now, the Activity Log in 1Password Business will display the "Update or add vault item(s)" event, with the "One or more items was added or updated to the vault [name]" description. When viewing the usage report the deletion action will appear as "Update".

Looking at shared vault's Details page on 1Password.com can also help determine who had the permissions necessary to delete items, to help narrow down who may have been responsible.

There isn't a dedicated deletion event at this time. I've gone ahead and shared this with our team as a feature request.

For now, if you cannot determine who deleted the item based on the Activity Log and usage report, our team may be able to help investigate from our end. If you're interested in that, you can send us an email to businesssupport@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

ref: pb-36474848