What's New marked as unread without changelog updates since last read

Options

I noticed in the App the last few Nightly updates that the Help icon up top has a red dot and "What's new" shows 1 new message, even though I've already clicked it and been shown the same changelog post. I know https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/#changelog doesn't get updated for every single Nightly. So maybe it shouldn't light up for a new version if it's already been clicked, or it should link to a real updated changelog for the Nightly version. (doesn't have to be a fancy blog post, could just be a list really).

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Kyrast! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for the feedback! Since Nightly builds change frequently and don't go through our QA process, we don't publish release notes for those.

I've filed an internal issue to have our development team look into the behaviour of the "What's New" notification when is comes to Nightly updates. I appreciate you taking the time to help us make 1Password even better. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#25098

• Kyrast
    Kyrast
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thanks for your encouragement. I've been using 1Password for about 4 years now and it's become absolutely essential to everything I do. I am always excited to see it grow and evolve and I'm very thankful to everyone involved.

• Thank you for the kind words and for being with us for 4 years! 😊

-Dave