iOS Safari Extension list cut off

Options
DalikVee
DalikVee
Community Member

Hi there. New 1P8 user here and having a few iOS issues. Apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere in the forum, I did look but only found threads pertaining to a similar issue on MacOS recently.

When scrolling through a list of items in the iOS Safari extension that exceeds the length of the page, the last two items in the list cannot be pressed as the elastic scrolling causes it to bounce back up a few entries. This means that I cannot access the last two entries in my vault (or any list) without searching or opening the app.

I also feel as though the non-native nature of 1P8 is really apparent, in general it’s full of visual bugs such as icons flickering (in the extension and app), buggy animations and inline drop-downs glitching across webpages to the point that I’m considering reverting to iOS AutoFill.

However I have noticed a lot of early 1P8 bugs being fixed and I’m grateful for that. I hope this can also be addressed in a future update. Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: iOS 17
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @DalikVee! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! Thank you for reporting the scrolling issue in the extension for Safari on iOS, I've reproduced the same issue and filed an internal work item with our development team so that they can investigate further and include a fix in a future update.

I also feel as though the non-native nature of 1P8 is really apparent, in general it’s full of visual bugs such as icons flickering (in the extension and app), buggy animations and inline drop-downs glitching across webpages to the point that I’m considering reverting to iOS AutoFill.

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into some issues with the user interface. Can you clarify what you mean by "non-native" when it comes to 1Password on iOS? And are you able to provide me with steps that I can follow to reproduce the issues that you've experienced? I would be happy to report all of these to the team so that we can get them fixed.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24825

• DalikVee
    DalikVee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for your reply and for passing this on to the dev team.

By “non-native” I just mean general clunkiness compared to the older generation of 1P apps. It sometimes feels like I’m using a web app, because I really am. It’s all silly things really and I love how much 1P8 has improved since I last tried it, but I’ll list some anyway.

• scrolling becomes stuck at the top of the Items page within the app
    • user account picture flickers when opening the app or using AutoFill
    • position of popups/inline menus glitching in Safari when the page is scrolled (compared to desktop, where the popups hide upon scrolling)

• new passwords saved from Safari sometimes not showing up above the keyboard in AutoFill for a while, requiring me to press the key icon instead. I still cannot log into this forum without manually invoking 1P from the Keyboard

• discrepancies between how the URL is saved using the extension vs AutoFill (the extension will save for example “1Password.community” whereas the autofill menu will save “1Password.community/signup/etc/37172727” which creates issues when signing back in on a page that isn’t the signup one

As always I really appreciate your help on here and it’s still nice to be back using 1P again

Thanks!

• @DalikVee

Thank you for the reply, I'll respond below:

scrolling becomes stuck at the top of the Items page within the app

I'm unable to initially reproduce this. Can you send me a list of steps that I can follow on my own device?

user account picture flickers when opening the app or using AutoFill

I see this as well and I've filed an issue to have our development team look into this.

position of popups/inline menus glitching in Safari when the page is scrolled (compared to desktop, where the popups hide upon scrolling)

Can you tell me if you're able to reproduce this issue after upgrading to iOS 17.1: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support (CA)

If you can then can you post an example of a website where you're seeing this behaviour?

new passwords saved from Safari sometimes not showing up above the keyboard in AutoFill for a while, requiring me to press the key icon instead.

How long does it usually take for a login to appear above the keyboard? Are you able to reproduce this issue on demand or is it random?

I still cannot log into this forum without manually invoking 1P from the Keyboard

The prompt that appears above the keyboard is controlled by iOS itself and not 1Password so there isn't anything that can be changed on 1Password's end in order to get a login to appear above the keyboard when it isn't on a specific website.

Tapping on the key icon, or using the suggestion from the browser extension, would be the way forward here.

discrepancies between how the URL is saved using the extension vs AutoFill (the extension will save for example “1Password.community” whereas the autofill menu will save “1Password.community/signup/etc/37172727” which creates issues when signing back in on a page that isn’t the signup one

I'm happy to report this to the team as well. Can you tell me more about the "issues when signing back in"? Even if the URL isn't exactly the same, both the extension and iOS AutoFill should still suggest and fill the login if the domain of the website that you're on matches the domain of the saved website address.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#25731

• DalikVee
    DalikVee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks again for getting back to me

I'm unable to initially reproduce this. Can you send me a list of steps that I can follow on my own device?

This isn't really an issue, just a visual bug I noticed. If you go to a page such as "All Items" on the iOS app, scroll down and then scroll quickly to the top of the page, it sometimes gets stuck with the search bar half-visible instead of bouncing back.

I see this as well and I've filed an issue to have our development team look into this.

Thank you very much!

Can you tell me if you're able to reproduce this issue after upgrading to iOS 17.1: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support (CA) If you can then can you post an example of a website where you're seeing this behaviour?

I am indeed running iOS 17.1. Please see the attached clip showing the 1P icon glitching on ikea.com (follow link in menu bar account icon to IKEA Family sign-up).

How long does it usually take for a login to appear above the keyboard? Are you able to reproduce this issue on demand or is it random?

I've figured that this is just a limitation of iOS AutoFill. Usually pressing the key icon then syncs the system autofill and will appear above the keyboard in the future. However iOS AutoFill refuses to suggest a login for 1password.community despite the exact URL being saved in 1P. I'm presuming this is an Apple issue, but I've not seen this happen on other sites as of yet.

I'm happy to report this to the team as well. Can you tell me more about the "issues when signing back in"? Even if the URL isn't exactly the same, both the extension and iOS AutoFill should still suggest and fill the login if the domain of the website that you're on matches the domain of the saved website address.

Indeed the login is usually suggested, it's just that items saving items using the key menu in AutoFill does not strip the extra characters from URLs and this looks messy when searching 1P, for example AutoFill would save:

"https://gb.accounts.ikea.com/login?state=hKFo2SBDS1FSSXlQeXBicF81TFhqMmhMR3lYejZDTzNnWFR3eaFupWxvZ2luo3RpZNkgc1VoYnNwZEY5MGxsTFhyWUhia2NzVks1engxbnpjd2KjY2lk2SBncXpYTkNVVnhndHlrRTdpTG1BOFZMSnR6NU1iUkZoMA&client=gqzXNCUVxgtykE7iLmA8VLJtz5MbRFh0..."

vs. the extension, which would save "https://gb.accounts.ikea.com"

I hope you can see where I'm coming from here!

Thanks again for your support