Open 1password extension in Chrome

Options

I have 1Password Family and am in the process of setting up 1Password on my wife's MACBook Pro. Most aspects are functioning smoothly but I have one question.
I have logged into the 1Password App and 1Password.com in Chrome using her login information. I have set up the 1Password extension in Chrome and pinned it o the address bar.

When I tap on the 1password icon in the address bar I get a window that says Open 1Password. When I tap on 1PASSWORD nothing happens. I'm not give the option to enter her password. This sequence works fine on my PC. What can I do to correct this situation?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @astandre,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, it does sound like the 1Password extension is unable to reach the desktop app.

Just to confirm, is your 1Password account signed into the 1Password desktop app on your wife's MacBook? If so, are you able to ensure only her 1Password account is signed in on the desktop app?

1. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop Mac app.
    2. Click "Accounts" in the macOS menu bar, select your 1Password account and click "Sign Out".

Once that's done, ensure only her 1Password account is signed in then restart both the 1Password desktop app and Chrome.

Looking forward to hearing back.

• astandre
    astandre
    Community Member
    Options

Here is what I did. I closed Chrome. I signed out of the 1Password. app. I rebooted the computer MACBookPro. I signed back into the app using her password. I reopened Chrome and clicked on the 1Password extension in the address bar. I highlighted the 1Password icon in the window that popped up. It still had my email address (username). When I clicked on Sign In it did nothing. Essentially the original problem.
    Next idea, please
    arthur

• astandre
    astandre
    Community Member
    Options

Evon

I decided to delete the 1Password extension from Chrome. I then re added it using my wife's login and it all works now. Thanks for your help

• Hey @astandre,

Thank you for the update, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.