Privacy.com Feature in 1Password Firefox Extension Stopped Working

Options

Hi,

The privacy.com support in the 1P Firefox extension had been working for me for a long time but starting about 2 weeks ago it fails anywhere I try it. I click on the password field of a form, 1P displays a list of credit cards including the Privacy.com create option, I click on that option, I see the Privacy.com create card dialog box, I fill it in and click On Create and Fill, I see the dialog asking permission to fill in the fields, I click OK, and then nothing happens. The dialog box stays there as if I hadn't clicked OK. No new 1P entry is created for the card, but if I look at the Privacy.com web site I see that it did create the new card. If I click on OK again the same thing happens: the screen doesn't change, no 1P entry is created, but a new Privacy.com card is created. The only way to proceed is to X out of the dialog box, make a new 1P credit card entry from the Privacy.com web site and manually copy the card info it, and then use that entry to fill in the web site form. This just happened on the Consumer Reports Magazine web site at https://subs.consumerreportsmagazine.org/pubs and it's also happened on the Toggled Lighting web site at https://store.toggled.com/ and (I think) at https://www.ezdrivema.com/.

I tried reinstalling the 1P Firefox extension but it still doesn't work. I didn't know what else to try to make it work.

How can I get this working again? I really miss it!

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: Windows 10 22H2
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hey @MikeA01730,

I'm sorry for the disruption.

There is currently a known issue with saving and filling Privacy cards when using the 1Password extension which I have added you to as an affected user. I have let development team know about your experience while they investigate things further.

Apologies again for the trouble, thank you for your patience whilst we work to improve things.

ref: dev/core/core#22669

• ezkl
    ezkl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles,
    I apologize in advance if I should have created a new issue in the Beta forums.

If possible, I'd love to be added to the same internal issue. I've been experiencing this issue for a month or so now. It isn't the end of the world for me and is only noticeable due to the stability of the rest of the platform, even on Beta and Nightly build channels.

Here is my current setup:

• OS Version: macOS 13.5 (22G74)
    • Hardware: 2021 16" MacBook Pro (Apple M1 Max)
    • 1Password App: 1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012024)
    • 1Password Extension: 1Password in the browser 2.14.2 (21400201, on BETA channel)
    • Browser: Google Chrome 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) beta (arm64)

Thank you for your help!

• Thank you for sharing these details @ezki, I'm sorry for the disruption to your workflow.

I have added you to the internal issue, I hope we can implement a fix soon.

Let us know if there i anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#22669

• BeardedPrince
    BeardedPrince
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles Thank you. I'm having the same issue.

• I'll get that noted @BeardedPrince Apologies for the trouble.

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member
    Options

Also having issue, cards are created, but not field or saved

• Blake
    Options

I've added to you our internal issue @DBLClick. We hope to have a fix for this available in the near future.

• psalm24
    psalm24
    Community Member
    Options

please add me as well. firefox 116.0.3 on windows 11

• @psalm24

I've added your report. I'm sorry that you're also affected.

-Dave

• BeardedPrince
    BeardedPrince
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Any update to this issue?

• @BeardedPrince

Thanks for the ping! We're now testing a fix for the issue in the latest beta version of 1Password in the browser:

We’ve fixed an issue where Privacy Cards wouldn’t be properly saved and filled when you created them.

If testing goes well in the beta then we hope to include the fix in the stable version as soon as possible. If you'd like to try the beta then you can find instructions here: Use 1Password beta releases

-Dave

• BeardedPrince
    BeardedPrince
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Sounds good. I use beta extension for FF and nightly for client, so I'm ready for the new new.

• @BeardedPrince

I saw the release note and I was like there are going to be some happy folks. Let us know if you run into any issues.

• mweitzman
    mweitzman
    Community Member
    Options

I am also experiencing this issue OSX 16. Firefox and Chrome and Safari latest

• Hey @mweitzman,

Can you let us know which version of 1Password you are using in each of the browsers?

The fix has currently only made it to the latest beta releases: Use 1Password beta releases.

• mweitzman
    mweitzman
    Community Member
    Options

I updated my Firefox to latest beta and I can confirm that the bug has been fixed! Thanks for following up.

• Thanks for the update @mweitzman, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all!