Bug: Browser extension does not recognize when you are logged into Azure

Options
deadlydog
deadlydog
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The browser extension does not appropriately recognize when logged in to https://portal.azure.com. The small SSO sign in window pops up saying:

Sign in with...
Azure is linked to:
Microsoft Sign in

That shows up even though I'm already signed in to Azure. If I click the Sign in button the page refreshes and the popup window goes away. If I refresh the tab though, or open a new tab for portal.azure.com, then the popup window appears again. It's very annoying having to constantly just close that popup window, as I'm constantly in the Azure portal for my job.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

Comments

• Hey @deadlydog,

The behaviour you've bumped into with Azure is a known one, and our development team is currently looking into that. I'm sorry for any trouble caused in your workflow. I've added your insight as the team here works to improve this case.

If it is causing you bother you can disable the 'Sign in with' prompts altogether with these steps:

1. Open your browser, right click the 1Password icon in the toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under autofill toggle off 'Offer to save new provider sign ins'

I hope this helps, sorry for the disruption.

ref: dev/core/core#18917

• deadlydog
    deadlydog
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response Steph. I'm glad to hear that the team already knows of the issue and has it on their radar to get it fixed in a future version 👍

• You're welcome @deadlydog.

Have a great weekend!

• ebrown916
    ebrown916
    Community Member
    Options

I am still encountering this issue. Has there been any progress or update on this? Thanks!

• jlyon9
    jlyon9
    Community Member
    Options

Any update here? Looks like another thread flagged this last year, and it is still occurring. https://1password.community/discussion/135984/sign-in-with-popup