Would like to use my Apple Watch to unlock 1password

Options
RobertTR
RobertTR
Community Member

I saw some other threads that mentioned turning "Sign in to Mac" off, turn off the computer, turn off the watch, turn the watch back on, turn the computer back on and enable the "Sign in to Mac with Apple Watch". Still have not seen the option pop up in the Settings -> Security in the 1Password App for Mac. Would like to resolve this.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: macOS 14.1
Browser: Chrome/Brave/Edge

Comments

• Hello @RobertTR! 👋

I’m sorry that you’re unable to unlock 1Password for Mac using your Apple Watch. Have you been able to use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password before? If you haven’t then please make sure that your Mac is on the list of supported Macs: https://support.1password.com/apple-watch-mac/#get-help

If your Mac is supported for Apple Watch unlock for 1Password then are you able to unlock the Mac itself using your Apple Watch?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• RobertTR
    RobertTR
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, unlocking the Mac itself and using it instead of the password during some Finder operations works great. My Mac is not on that list.. wish I'd come across that earlier, then I wouldn't have wasted anyone's times with this.

Thanks!

• @RobertTR

I'm sorry for the confusion, let us know if you have any other questions in the future. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.