Persistent, non-intrusive account create or update prompt

Options
morenicano
morenicano
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Currently, if I fill in my credentials, or update existing credentials on a web page (like generating a new password), 1password prompts me to save or update the existing credentials, however the prompt that shows up is blocking the page I'm on and doesn't allow me to continue on the page until I press the update or create button, or click the x to close the prompt all together. This occasionally becomes an issue because some web sites have rules for password creation and the randomly generated password doesn't fit their rules. If I save that password, it now becomes part of the history of passwords for that set of credentials in my vault. Would it be possible to create a prompt that shows in the corner of the page, near the extension's icon that would allow me to attempt to submit the newly generated credentials, then if I see they were successful, I can choose to save them. Or if they weren't successful, I have the option of updating the criteria for the next generated password, or manually edit the one that was suggested, then save those credentials once I've confirmed they were accepted by the site? This would prevent me potentially saving possibly several generated passwords to the item's history that were never actually used.

Comments

• Hey @morenicano,

Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate the detailed information.

It might be helpful to use the Password Generator in the extension pop-up instead. Click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar, click the menu icon ( ☰ ) and select "Password Generator". Alternatively depending on your device, you can also press (CMD + G or CTRL + G) on your keyboard after opening the extension to quickly open the Password Generator.

From here, you can modify the password generation type to adjust the symbols and numbers. Then, when you click "Copy" or "Autofill", it will save the generated password in the "Password Generator History". If the website accepts the generated password, update the correct login item manually with the newly generated password.

Let me know if that helps at all. We look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon