Nothing happens when I click the button to add MFA

Options
AlmoEnd
AlmoEnd
Community Member

See screenshot. Nothing at all happens when I hit "Scan QR Code" (I think it works ok in Windows).

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.16.0 21600003, on STAB
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.3
Browser: na

Comments

• FrankyO1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @AlmoEnd,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is an interesting issue and I would love to investigate into this issue further.

Could you send an email to support+linux@1Password.com?

With your email please include:

Also I'd like to ask, are you're using X11, Xwayland, or Wayland?

We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Franky

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

• Hi @AlmoEnd! I just wanted to let you know that we've received the email you sent in about this issue, and a member of the team will be in touch with you there shortly 😄 ref: KNZ-99741-617

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

So the issue has to do with Wayland, and/or its "incomplete" implementation in Ubuntu? I see that several parts of the UI in the browser extension are MIA or non-responsive, is this something you are actively working on, or waiting for the devs to perfect/debug Wayland interfaces, e.g., "Won't Fix" as we used to say at Microsoft.

• @AlmoEnd thanks for your reply. This issue in particular is one that our developers are currently investigating.

That said, 1Password on Wayland is not fully supported at the moment so it's expected that you'll encounter some issues. We are certainly interested in full Wayland support, but we don't have a timeline or plans to share right now.

Ali