TOTP code Icon and timer isn't shown after unlocking vault

Options
CJStylesOrg
CJStylesOrg
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Reproductions:
1. I'm using Microsoft Edge for this, not sure if the same happens for any other browser.
2. Download the extension from the Chrome Webstore (not the Edge Store btw)
3. Unlock your vault using the extension, but make sure you're already on the website that you have a login for which you've set up totp codes.
4. you will notice that the totp box doesn't have the timer icon alongside the timer label, just the totp code.

Workaround:

• change to a different item and go back to show it.
  • tap out of extension window and click the 1password icon on the extensions again to show it.

1Password Version: 8.10.13 (81013005)
Extension Version: 2.14.1 21400102
OS Version: Version 10.0.25936 Build 25936
Browser: Microsoft Edge

Comments

• CJStylesOrg
    CJStylesOrg
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

this is still reproducible as of September 16th, 2023 and on the latest Chrome Extension Version and latest 1Password Desktop app Version.

• Hey @CJStylesOrg,

We have been able to reproduce the behaviour you have described and it has been passed on to our development team for further investigation.

I'm sorry for the disruption, in the meantime I suggest closing/reopening the 1Password pop up and the OTP timer should reappear.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: dev/core/core#23701

• CJStylesOrg
    CJStylesOrg
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@steph.giles another thing I noticed is that when unlocking 1password from the browser, now 1password will just launch the 1password app but not have it on your screen, so basically just launch in your taskbar but not display on the screen (typing in the master password etc) like it used to do previous releases ago.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Make sure you have integerate with 1Password app enabled.
    2. Unlock 1password from extension after powering off and on your pc.
    3. You will notice 1Password launches to your taskbar with it glowing orange indicating it has launched and needs your attention, but it doesn’t automatically open the window, leaving you to basically click the icon on the taskbar and unlock from there.

I am on all stable versions weather that be the extension, desktop app and windows. All up to date.

• CJStylesOrg
    CJStylesOrg
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am still able to reproduce the icon and timer not loading in when unlocking the vault.

Reproductions:
    1. I'm using Microsoft Edge for this, not sure if the same happens for any other browser.
    2. Download the extension from the Chrome Webstore (not the Edge Store btw)
    3. Unlock your vault using the extension, but make sure you're already on the website that you have a login for which you've set up totp codes.
    4. you will notice that the totp box doesn't have the timer icon alongside the timer label, just the totp code.