1Password kicks me "offline" without any indicator

Options

I use the Browser extension in Chrome on my Windows 10 PC. I have a dedicated always-on internet connection. As of a month or so ago, I have to "lock and unlock" the Browser Extension every day to save passwords. See the attached screenshot. I have 'auto lock' disabled. There is no notification that I have been set to "offline", nor is my computer ever going offline. Please assist.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Briancj42,

I'm sorry for the trouble, I think it would be useful if our team could take a closer look at what is happening here. I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach these reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread. You should then receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here.

Thank you!

• Briancj42
    Briancj42
    Community Member
    Options

Good day,

I only use the browser extension, therefore I cannot generate a "diagnostics report". Will the browser console log be enough? Thank you.

• @Briancj42

Yes, a console log will be enough for us to begin an investigation so that we can find a solution for you. Let me know the Support ID that you receive after you send in the console log (it should look like [#ABC-12345-678]) and I'll make sure that your email makes it to the right team. 🙂

-Dave

• corykleinschmidt
    corykleinschmidt
    Community Member
    Options

This has happened to me ever since I switched to 1Password from LastPass. What is the solution? It's highly annoying to have to constantly log in.

• @corykleinschmidt

I'm sorry that you're also running into the issue. Can you make sure that you're using the latest version of 1Password in the browser: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser

If you still see the issue on the latest version then please send over a console log from your browser and a diagnostics report from your Mac so that the team can investigate further:

Attach the console log and the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• corykleinschmidt
    corykleinschmidt
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, to be honest, this whole process seems like a major pain in the rear that I don't want to deal with. Thus the long delay in responding. So many other users have this very same issue. Doesn't 1Password have enough diagnostic data to troubleshoot and fix this by now?

I finally made myself follow the steps you suggested, and of course, hit a roadblock. How am I supposed to "Reproduce the issue you’re having with 1Password in your browser" when I don't know when the issue occurs? I only know that I get logged out when I try to fill or save a new login.

And I really wish you guys would remove the need to log in again every time the browser closes. I use two instances of Chrome and sometimes have to restart multiple times a day, meaning I have to type my very long master password multiple times a day, independent of this timeout issue.

Please consider changing the logout policy to every two weeks. Please also advise on the above.