A more secure habit as a byproduct from using 1P

BiomedEngineer
BiomedEngineer
Community Member

An organization I volunteer for recommended that we always log out of their accounts when we use it due to the possibility of session hijacking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_hijacking). When I'm lazy, I often don't do it because it's such a hassle to log in again. But with how 1P makes it easy to get into your account, I am doing a better job of logging out of my accounts. Just another example of how 1P helps develop good security habits :)

Comments

• Hi,

That's true. The same thing applies if you're using multiple accounts on the same site. Without 1Password, it'd be easier to reuse the same password for all accounts but with 1Password, you simply select a different account and 1Password fills in the different complex password.

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member

On a related note:

With 1PW, I find it not a problem to clear my cookies from time to time -- no worries about having to sign back into all the sites I use.

What an unexpected but useful fringe benefit! I think of all the tracking cookies that I previously allowed to build up, now swept away on a regular basis...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Indeed! Very good point, Chris. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I used to always have sites "remember me". Now I just ⌘\ when I come back to them. No sweat. :)

This discussion has been closed.