"Items in wrong account" warning for Family > Personal vault

Options
IanR
IanR
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Families

I'm getting a load of warnings that personal items are in the wrong account and I should move them to a personal space - I have a corporate account and a family account both logged in.

The items are in my Family > Personal vault that seems to indicate only I can access them.
Is that right? They're not being shared with others are they? I have 31 items like this.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.1
Browser: All

Comments

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

I think you're getting those warnings most likely due to the items having your own email address in the username field, and that they're located in a vault called 'Personal' - rather than your own default 'Private' vault.

Each user in a Family gets their own 'Private' vault, these default vaults don't show in the Family's 'Vaults' list (where you create new vaults on 1password.com as a Family Organiser).

Any chance you've created a new vault called 'Personal', and are using that as your main vault rather than the default 'Private'?

• IanR
    IanR
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thanks for the reply.. my default "main" vault is called Personal. I have others I've made and can edit, but I can't modify this one so assume that is my default Private vault. If it helps I've had that vault for 10+ years and only moved to the Family plan last year

And just to confirm, they are in my section of the family account, I have a Private vault in my Business plan but am not using that - EDIT: just tried moving them to Business>Private and the warning goes, it's only showing in my main Family account vault.

Odd. If it was a vault name thing why would only 31 of 2k+ entries be flagged?

• ajh0912
    ajh0912
    Community Member
    Options

It definitely looks like that is a 'Private' type of vault, just the name is different.

I think the Personal vs Private naming difference comes from here

• IanR
    IanR
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ajh0912 - the warning message goes when they're moved to Business>Private. When I move them back to Family>Personal it reappears again, but only for those 31 items.

It's got to be a weird naming thing hasn't it? I'm pretty confident they are actually private so I'm going to mark as ignore them all

Thanks for your comments