Migrating passkeys from iCloud to 1Password

Options
WillockBoy2
WillockBoy2
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Mac

Does anyone know whether a PassKey can be moved from "Passwords" in macOS Ventura 13.4 into 1Password?

I created a Passkey to access Google but it ended up being stored in macOS Passwords.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.12
OS Version: 13.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @WillockBoy2! 👋

Thank you for the question! At this stage, you cannot import passkeys from iCloud (macOS) to 1Password. We’re working closely with platforms and other password managers through the FIDO Alliance to create a secure way to import and export passkeys. We believe it’s your choice where to store and use your passkeys. Hopefully we’ll have more to share soon.

For the time being, you can create another passkey for your Google account using 1Password (if you're using the beta version of 1Password in the browser).

-Dave

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member
    Options

Dave

Many thanks for your encouraging reply. Most grateful.

@WillockBoy2

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

• poom
    poom
    Community Member
    Options

Any update for import/export Passkeys for iCloud <—> 1Password?

• @poom

I don't have any updates to share at the moment, the team is still working with our industry partners through the FIDO Alliance to create a secure way to import and export passkeys.

For now, you can save a new passkey in 1Password for the websites in question if you're migrating from iCloud Keychain.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.