Migration/Upgrade issue

Options
StevenBedrick
StevenBedrick
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Mac

Hello! With the demise of the "classic" browser extension, I'm finally biting the bullet and migrating from 1password 7 to 8. While the new UI is still a pretty janky and flaky compared to 7, it does at least appear to have improved dramatically since the last time I tried it, so kudos to the team- especially for restoring the cmd+\ keyboard shortcut.

As part of this migration, I had to move my logins etc. from my old standalone vault to my 1password account; I did this using the in-app migration tool, and it seems to have mostly worked in that all of the items seem to have been copied up and are syncing across machines. However, attachments do not seem to have made it. In 1password 8 on both my iPhone and my secondary test Mac, items that have attachments all show them with a "File Missing" label and icon. On my main Mac, 1password 7 has been showing the "Moving your data..." screen for more than an hour, and I'm guessing that it's gotten stuck somehow as my vault simply wasn't very large (less than a thousand items, only a handful of which have attachments, all of which are very small). Is there some other step I need to do? How will I tell when it's done? Thank you in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this. :-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• StevenBedrick
    StevenBedrick
    Community Member
    Options

Update! Left running overnight 1password 7's "Moving your data" screen is still right where I left it, so I'm guessing that it's crashed or otherwise gotten stuck.

• Hello @StevenBedrick! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when migrating to 1Password 8. I see that you're already discussing the situation with the team over email, please continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: SAX-22945-841

This discussion has been closed.