Option to disable start and unlock animation?

Options
dsondermann
dsondermann
Community Member

I just switched from Enpass to 1Password using my Pixel 7 Pro and the animations drive me crazy. It takes forever to open and unlock 1Password.

For me, this is a deal breaker and I'm thinking about moving on or back.

Is there an option, to disable the time consuming startup and unlock animation?

I've read several questions (latest from 2021) about it in the forum and the 1Password team always told, it's not possible since it takes time to decrypt you safe.

From my perspective, this can't be true. When disabling the animation speed in the android developer settings, the startup und Animation time is way faster.

The downside of that is, that all other animations on my phone are gone too. That's no option for me.

Would it be possible to allow the user to disable the animation in the settings?

Best regards
David

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dsondermann, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry the loading time has been a point of friction for you.

I'd be happy to pass your request along to the team, but first I'd like to ask what kind of loading time you're regularly seeing? In my experience unlocking occurs quite quickly after the account password/biometrics are entered, occasionally longer if I have a lot running in the background or have just restarted. Thanks!