Installing from AUR doesn't work with PolicyKit

Options
tekeous
tekeous
Community Member

I have two mostly identical EndeavourOS machines, both running KDE. On one, everything works fine. On the other, system authentication(Polkit) doesn't work, and therefore the SSH agent doesn't work either.

I see the following errors in the log:

ERROR 2023-11-02T01:40:07.964 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(12)) [1P:/builds/dev/core/core/ssh/op-agent-controller/src/desktop.rs:439] Io(Os { code: 2, kind: NotFound, message: "No such file or directory" })
INFO  2023-11-02T01:40:37.369 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/lock_screen.rs:79] System unlock is enabled: true
INFO  2023-11-02T01:40:37.369 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(40)) [1P:foundation/op-system-auth/src/lib.rs:295] Biometry is available for 1 or more accounts
INFO  2023-11-02T01:40:37.369 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(2)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/lock_screen.rs:95] Sys auth status NotSetup

I have reinstalled Polkit, but I don't think that's the problem as other apps call Polkit just fine. I've reinstalled 1Password from the AUR several times with yay -S 1password 1password-cli, but I don't think it's the AUR because these are identical systems that pulled from the same source. I think the problem has something to do with op-agent-controller isn't found.

All other functionality other than system authentication in 1Password works, and other apps authenticate with Polkit.

1Password Version: 8.10.18-40
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: 6.5.9-arch2-1/Plasma 5.27.9
Browser: Vivaldi

Comments

• tekeous
    tekeous
    Community Member
    Options

Update: clearing yay cache and reinstalling fixed Polkit, but now ssh authentication isn't working.

• tekeous
    tekeous
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Update update: I fixed the issue. There were two distinct problems here:

1Password would not use Polkit to use system authentication.

This was fixed by uninstalling 1Password yay -Rs 1password 1password-cli and deleting the AUR cache rm -R ~/.cache/yay/1pass*, then reinstalling yay -S 1password 1password-cli and system authentication worked.

1Password SSH agent would not work

This was largely my own fault. My keys are not in vault Personal and I had to configure the SSH agent to use my SSH Keys vault. After configuration, and adding the ~/.ssh/config entry, running export SSH_AUTH_SOCK=~/.1password/agent.sock, and it works.

• Hi @tekeous,

I'm glad to hear that uninstalling, clearing the cache, and reinstalling 1Password resolved the issue!

If there's ever anything more we can do, please be sure to contact us - we're always here to help.

Take care, and have a wonderful day!

Franky