Autofill detection not working 100% of the time + rant(ish) post

Options
gaza1994
gaza1994
Community Member

I have finally updated to 1Password 8 (previously using 7)

I decided to make the switch as I've setup passkeys for everything (even though passkeys cannot be used on Android via 1Password 8 which is frustrating)

Anyways, I use the MS Swiftkey keyboard on Android (latest version), when ever I click on a username/email/password field, I don't always get the little 1Password button or the autofill suggestions showing up on the keyboard (and I don't think its the keyboard app as I get the same behaviour with the GBoard as well)

What I found that seems to mitigate this issue is quickly opening up 1Password, logging in then switching back to the app/chrome I was wanting to login to then I get the suggestions.

It's not battery optimisation as i have that disabled for 1Password.

If I set 1Password7 as my default autofill app, it works as expected.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gaza1994, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry Autofill isn't working as expected after upgrading to 1Password 8.

I'd like to ask you to turn Autofill back on in 1Password 8 for Android, remove 1Password from Recents, then restart the app. You can open Recents by tapping the square or three bars button near the bottom of the screen. If you're using gestures it's typically a swipe up from the bottom of the screen. With Recents open you can swipe up on the 1Password app to close it.

After restarting 1Password 8 are you seeing more consistent filling behavior? If not, I'd like to ask which browser, and device you're using, as well as an example website where you've seen this behavior.

I decided to make the switch as I've setup passkeys for everything (even though passkeys cannot be used on Android via 1Password 8 which is frustrating)

My apologies for the frustration here. 1Password for Android does currently support passkeys. However, support for passkeys has not been fully rolled out in Android browsers, and the list of Android apps which support them are currently limited.

I understand that that isn't much help at the moment though. My apologies again. I can't provide specifics on release timeline for 1Password or other companies but we with any luck we'll see broader support for passkeys on Android in the coming months.

Thanks again!