Feature request: check broken pass cards

Options
voyage
voyage
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Mac

Dear 1Password Support Team,

I have been a long-time user of your excellent product, and I am very satisfied with how it helps me manage my logins and passwords. Over the years, I have accumulated numerous logins and passwords for various websites. However, many of these websites no longer exist, and this creates unnecessary clutter in my 1Password vault.

I propose adding new functionality to your product that would help users effectively manage this situation. Specifically, it would be great if 1Password could automatically check the existence of web domains associated with stored entries and mark those entries where the domain no longer exists. Afterward, users could easily identify and remove outdated entries to avoid accumulating unnecessary clutter.

Such a feature would not only make using 1Password more convenient but also help maintain the accuracy of data in the vault.

I hope you will consider my request and possibly implement this functionality in future versions of 1Password. It would significantly enhance the user experience of your product.

Thank you for your attention to my suggestion.

Best regards,
George

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @voyage! 👋

Thank you for continuing to be part of 1Password, I'm thrilled to hear that it's an invaluable part of your workflow. 💙

I can definitely see how a feature to check for inactive websites, possibly as part of Watchtower, would be useful and I'm filed a feature request on your behalf. While I can't promise anything, our product team will consider your request as they plan the future of 1Password.

Thank you for the feedback!

-Dave

ref: PB-36740555

This discussion has been closed.