Setting Password Preferences

Options
BikerBob38
BikerBob38
Community Member

In 1P, when you choose New Item > Password > click in the Password space then on [Create a New Password], there are numerous setting from which one may choose.

I have been involved in a discussion on an Apple forum where a very strong and convincing case was made that creating a password like this, for example, w/o the brackets, [envy-think-odious-blissful] produces an extremely strong password [26 characters, 23 lowercase, no digits, 3 symbols ] which, on the rare occasion when one may be forced to manually enter that password, is much more convenient than a typical password offered by 1P. E.g., XGK7xfv6fhb1kew-yxw.

My question is". Can 1P be set up so that when one is registering at a new site and 1P offers to create and save a password, that it would default to setting which would produce a password like envy-think-odious-blissful and not like XGK7xfv6fhb1kew-yxw.

Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• Hello @BikerBob38! 👋

Thanks for the suggestion! You can already choose to have 1Password in the browser suggest memorable passwords by following these steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar.
    3. Click on the menu button in the pop-up (it looks like three horizontal lines) and the click Password Generator.
    4. For "Type" choose "Memorable Password" and change any other settings that you'd like to adjust.
    5. Turn on "Use as default for suggestions".

The next time that 1Password offers a password suggestion it will be using that recipe. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.