Getting started with 1Password for Android's Autofill

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Not Filling Passwords using Keyboard.

Comments

• HNofX82
    HNofX82
    Community Member
    Options

New here,
    Just tried to login to one of the app on Android called Todoist.
    There was no popup etc. ? from 1password

I can find lastpass and dashlane both appearing in Accessibility Menu (Have disabled same)
    Lastpass shortcut is also available in Android Quick Menu from to to bottom..

AM i missing something ?
    This is going to be a regular thing.. login to websites/apss in Android.

Thanks.

• HNofX82
    HNofX82
    Community Member
    Options

There is no other place where I can find a “Display pop-up windows while running in the background”

I cannot find Redmi note 11 pro
    Having issues filling in passwords on Firefox android amd apps like ticktick and todoist?

Also, I don't want my SwiftKey keyboard to enter into Incognito mode everytime a username and password field appears.
    How to auto generate username and password on any site/app well joining same first time.
    Thanks

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Came from Lastpass, where is the Password Generator in this App?.
  • Hi @HNofX82, thanks for writing in!

Having issues filling in passwords on Firefox android amd apps like ticktick and todoist?

I did some testing with the Todoist app and also found that Autofill wasn't available. 1Password will fill in most apps and websites, however there may be some where Autofill isn't available. When Autofill isn't available you can copy and paste or use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials.

Autofill issues stem from a number of sources, but the typically falls into one of three categories:

• 1Password is not detecting the fact that it is a sign-in form and filling in the appropriate Login details.
    • The app developer is doing something funny on their end which interferes with expected Autofill behavior
    • The app developer doesn't provide enough contextual clues for 1Password to determine that it should offer Autofill.

I'm not sure which is the case here, but I've reported the app to the team for further investigation.

With the TickTick app, I found that I could fill as expected. If you don't see a prompt from 1Password after tapping the email or password field, I'd like to ask you to try "forcing" autofill:
    1. Tap a sign in field to open the keyboard.
    2. Long press the field.
    3. Select Autofill or ⋮ > Autofill in the context menu that appear (where you might normally see copy/paste).
    4. Proceed with filling as expected.

You mentioned some filling issues in Firefox. I'd like to ask you to share any URLs where you've encountered an issue and I would be happy to take a look.

I don't want my SwiftKey keyboard to enter into Incognito mode everytime a username and password field appears.

The account password field of the 1Password app can trigger the incognito keyboard, but this shouldn't be the case in most other sign in fields. Could you share where you've seen this behavior and if you typically use a private tab in Firefox?

How to auto generate username and password on any site/app well joining same first time.

You can find steps to create new items when signing up for a new account in our guide:

• HNofX82
    HNofX82
    Community Member
    Options

The account password field of the 1Password app can trigger the incognito keyboard, but this shouldn't be the case in most other sign in fields. Could you share where you've seen this behavior and if you typically use a private tab in Firefox?

This happens with all sites on firefox/chrome on Anroid.
    Note: I have imported all items from Lastpass.

Will contact todoist as well for this weird behavior and reply here, if they are using some other behavior.
    Ticktick works fine now

I am referring to an option which LastPass gives for Android mobiles, they create a seperate icon which can be accessed from top pull down menu for faster access, rather then doing multiple clicks to open same.
    Hopefully, this can go to feature request..

• HNofX82
    HNofX82
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Just got a screenshot of lastpass button from top pull down menu for your reference. image

• ag_timothy
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @HNofX82, thanks for your reply!

This happens with all sites on firefox/chrome on Anroid.

I only see the incognito keyboard when typing in the account password field of 1Password, when selecting certain fields in 1Password, or when using these browsers in incognito/private mode.

Just to confirm, do you typically browse in incognito/private mode? Do you see an incognito keyboard when filling in apps as well?

I am referring to an option which LastPass gives for Android mobiles, they create a seperate icon which can be accessed from top pull down menu

Thanks for clarifying that for me. While I can't say if or when we might add a quick settings tile, I've filed a request with the team on your behalf.

ref: 35867962

• HNofX82
    HNofX82
    Community Member
    Options

I never use incognito/private mode anywhere (both android and desktop)

• Thanks, @HNofX82, and my apologies for the delay here.

Could you share a screenshot of where you're seeing this behavior? I'm still not able to reproduce this. Before including the screenshot, please confirm not personal information is included. Thanks again!

• HNofX82
    HNofX82
    Community Member
    Options

Check the attached screenshots.

There is no password prompt for todoist app and todoist.com via Firefox

PAssword prompts and worksfine when logging to todoist.com via Chrome

• HNofX82
    HNofX82
    Community Member
    Options

Even after copying username/pasword manually from 1Password to Todoist, it wont give an option to autofill and login

• Hey @HNofX82, my sincere apologies for the delay in response.

If you navigate to 1Password for Android > Top right account icon > Settings > Autofill > Display Autofill prompts > Set to Below the fields they relate to, does that change anything?