AzureAD prompts 'Are you trying to sign in to 1Password' on Windows

Options
PHarrison
PHarrison
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Business and Teams

Hey all, I am wondering if this is something others experience or if we have missed a setup setup to 'approve' the 1Password app in some way. This is a new 1Password account that where we have setup SSO to AzureAD, latest version of the apps/extensions.

We notice that when a user launches the 1Password app on Windows and clicks 'Sign in with Microsoft' they are brought to their browser to authenticate with AzureAD and are prompted 'Are you trying to sign in to 1Password? Only continue if you downloaded the app from a store or website that you trust'. From a quick bit of reading I understand this is normal behaviour where a Windows native app is using the browser to get an authentication token, to ensure the user is happy to allow an app authenticate. But I get the sense that with the right configuration of AzureAD or MSAL it can be avoided.

Have we missed something in our setup as the experience is a little clunky for end users and is also training them to automatically click 'Continue' when they see those messages in future, which is not ideal.

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @PHarrison ,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The pop-up you have mentioned is expected on Microsoft's end. Since your users are launching a native app, 1Password, which was not installed directly from the Microsoft store Azure AD displays this pop-up when users attempt to sign-in to double check that the user is launching the app they are intending launch.

I can completely understand the concern of training users to automatically press "continue" whenever a pop-up appears, however this is not something that can be disabled on 1Password's end. Depending on how things are setup Microsoft support may be able to direct you to a specific location where it can be disabled on their end.

Jacob