Strange issue with Tutanota email and Yubikeys

Options
moonpup
moonpup
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently, Tutanota.com made a branding change and shortened their domain to tuta.com. When using the old URL, I had 2 yubikeys assigned for 2FA. Since the name change, I had to delete my existing hardware keys from the Tutanota website and re-add them.

The problem is, 1PW won't let me save them as standard hardware keys in Tutanota. When I go to add a hardware key, it prompts me to save it as a passkey in 1PW. Unless I accept that, it won't add the key to Tutanota. I have 2 Yubikeys, (primary and backup) and now I can't add the second yubikey. If I try to add my second Yubikey, it's wants to update and overwrite my existing passkey in 1PW. I'm not sure why 1PW is stepping in here and trying to take control.

Edit to add: When I get the option to use security key, 1PW pops up and want's me to select the passkey.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @moonpup! 👋

Thanks for writing in. To add your hardware security key to a website click on the security icon in the 1Password pop-up to dismiss the prompt and use your security key instead:

You can also press the escape key on your keyboard. I hope that helps!

-Dave

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Appreciate the quick reply! I completely missed that icon... I deleted the key and re-added it, and selected the key icon this time. Now it's working as expected, and I was able to add my backup key.

Thanks so much!

• @moonpup

I'm happy that you were able to add your security key successfully. 🙂

-Dave