Prevent Credit Card information from appearing

Options

Hello 1password Community,

I store credit card information for a client in my profile so that it's secured safely and can be used if they require my assistance to pay for something. However I also have my own personal credit card information stored for my personal and business payments. I would like to know if there's a way to prevent their credit card information from appearing as an option to choose from as a rule and only show my own business and personal credit card information. This way I would just refer to my client's business visa when required (which is very seldom).

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @icyoutoo! 👋

Thank you for the question! The new default identity feature may help here, you can choose your preferred credit card and have it show up at the top of the suggestions list in the browser: Choose your default identity and credit card items

If you're looking to fully remove the credit card from being suggested then I would suggest creating a new vault, moving the credit card into that vault, and then hiding the vault from 1Password in the browser:

1. Create a vault to store the client's Credit Card: Create and share vaults
    2. Move the Credit Card into the vault that you created: Move or copy items
    3. In your browser, right-click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar and click Settings.
    4. Click Accounts & Vaults and then turn off the new vault.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• icyoutoo
    icyoutoo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this information. I finally got around to creating a new vault and putting the item in. I also figured out the identity and credit card items pairing now too with your advice.

This helps very much and prevents accidental use of the credit card while securing information from my client for authorized use in the future.

Thanks!

• @icyoutoo

I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave