1PW7 to 1PW8 Safari Extension

Options
bgoodz
bgoodz
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi All..fixed 1PW7 update crash by rolling back to prior update...all was good. Even received an email support from 1Password as I had sent in the crash report as requested...fantastic.
It was suggested I upgrade to 1PW8 (as denoted in 1PW menus).
Ok, I finally took the plunge and upgraded to 1PW8. All went well until I tried as denoted to install the Safari extension and the download message was it won't install as the requirement of macOS 11 or later.

Hmmm, 1PW8 functions on Mac 10.15.7 Catalina but the Safari extension won't load. So no auto fill in with Safari 15.6.1. which is a very nice feature.

I'm thinking I need to go back to 1PW7?

Thanks for any assistance

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Browser: Safari 15.6.1

Comments

• Hello @bgoodz! 👋

I'm happy that the team has been helping you over on the email side of things. The new 1Password for Safari extension does indeed require macOS 11.0 or later. macOS 10.15.7 hasn't been updated for over a year and is missing several security updates. I would recommend that you look into upgrading if possible, although I know that this isn't always possible.

Alternatively, you could try another browser like Chrome which is able to run the latest version of 1Password in the browser.

That being said, I see that you sent the same message in an email to the team and they'll send you a reply with some more suggestions soon. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: YJP-42686-382

This discussion has been closed.