Merging two datafiles

Is there anyway to merge two datafiles into one file? Other than manually re-entering data.

One in Dropbox syncs with a Windows laptop and iPad. The one on the Mac syncs with an IPhone where the datafile is on the Mac.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

What version of 1Password are you using on your Mac?

• gtext
    gtext
    Community Member

Thanks khad. 1Password 3.8.20 on the Mac and 1.0.9.326 in Windows. Latest version on IPad and iPhone.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know! In 1Password on your Mac:

1. Export all the data to 1PIF (File > Export All > 1Password Interchange File). Be sure that you DO NOT save the 1PIF to your Dropbox folder as it is not encrypted.
    2. Still on your Mac, double-click the 1Password.agilekeychain file in your Dropbox folder that you've been using in 1Password for Windows. That will open all your 1Password for Windows data in 1Password for Mac.
    3. Import the data you just exported (File > Import).

Now all your data from the data file you were using in 1Password for Mac has been imported into the data file you've been using in 1Password for Windows and you did it all on your Mac. All computers and devices can sync with that data file in your Dropbox folder.

Just be sure that you only have one data file in your Dropbox folder as only one per account is supported.

When you are sure that everything is working well you should securely delete the 1PIF data since it is not encrypted.

Please let me know how it goes.

• gtext
    gtext
    Community Member

Thanks khad, I need to go through those files first and clean out passwords those no longer used. Collected heaps over time.
    I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Keep me posted. Cheers! :)

• gtext
    gtext
    Community Member

Khad. Thanks again for that easy to follow advice. Just letting you know that worked really well. One file now with all the passwords.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.