1Password browser extension does not work - opens blank Safari tab

Options
keithharper
keithharper
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, I am running macOS Sonoma and have not been successful in using the 1Password browser extension since the update. I have tried using Google Chrome for awhile, but really need Safari for use with my work. No passwords will autofill, so I click the 1Password icon in the menubar of Safari. Every time I click the browser extension a new blank tab is opened and nothing else happens. I have uninstalled and removed 1Password for Safari from my machine and re-downloaded it with no success.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: macOS 114
Browser: Safari

Comments

• remdam
    remdam
    Community Member
    Options

Like the original poster, I'm running 14.2 Beta of Mac OS and the same versions of 1Password and Extension. I've tried removing and re-installing the Safari Extension and restarting Safari. Neither have resolved my issue.

Whenever I try to click on the 1Password icon in a username or password item in a webpage a box opens below the 1Password menu bar items a show a spinning wheel of death and never goes away (I left my computer in this state for well over 2 hours).

• leofonseca
    leofonseca
    Community Member
    Options

Same situation of the first post, but It occurs only when I'm using other profile (work) on safari.

• ponyboy3
    ponyboy3
    Community Member
    Options
    • Safari: 17.2

Perpetual lock icon on the browser extension.

• swpasswrd
    swpasswrd
    Community Member
    Options

Same as ponyboy3. Opens a blank tab in Safari

• swpasswrd
    swpasswrd
    Community Member
    Options

See another post that say to clear the history - Safari-> Clear History -> Clear All History. Seems to have worked for me

• Hey, I'm sorry for the delayed reply.

I can confirm that there is a known bug with the macOS 14.2 beta that's affecting 1Password for Safari. The bug has been identified, and the fix should be available in a future macOS update. As @swpasswrd suggested, clearing Safari's history should get things back on track.

If this is not the behaviour you are running into, I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!