No luck with using Privacy Card in Safari / MacOS

Options
jfolger
jfolger
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Big fan of Privacy.com, I use it on a regular basis. That being said, I have yet to get it to work in the 1Password integration. I fill out the info, click 'Create & Fill', and nothing happens. Nothing is created in 1Password, and nothing is filled in on the web form.

The current site I am having issues with is trying to buy credits on https://labs.openai.com.

I use AdGuard, I have tried disabling this and see no change.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045)
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@jfolger

My apologies you are experiencing a known issue. My best suggestion until the team can resolve the trouble would be to manually create the card on privacy.com and add the details to 1Password. From reports I've seen this affects all browsers. I've added your report to the open issue.

ref: dev/core/core#22669

• jfolger
    jfolger
    Community Member
    Options

Fair enough. Like I said, I honestly don't recall it ever working. You know how it is, though, people tend to remember the things that break and not the successes. :)

• @jfolger

If you have trouble after we get this issue resolved, please let us know and one of the team can work with you via email to see if we can get you going. The email address to use is support@1password.com if you need to reach out.

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member
    Options

@jfolger

It's not only Safari on MacOS that has this issue. I use Brave on Windows, and have the same problem. 1Password does send the info to privacy.com to create the new credit card, but it doesn't save that info to 1Password.

It used to work great. Not sure when the issue started. I'm currently doing what @ag_tommy suggested and manually saving the new card info to 1Password. I hope it's resolved soon. I really liked the integration with privacy.com.

• Hey @mdjones,

I'm sorry for the disruption. I can confirm that there is currently a known issue with saving and filling Privacy cards when using the 1Password extension. I've added you as an affected user to the internal issue and have let development team know about your experience while they investigate things.

Thank you for your patience.

• zignice
    zignice
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. I have never been able to get that to work. Sometimes the card is actually created in Privacy, but does not fill in and is not saved in 1P.

• Hey @zignice,

I'm so sorry for the trouble, I have added you to the internal issue as an affected user.

Let us know if there is anything we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#22669

• zignice
    zignice
    Community Member
    Options

Still not working

• Hey @zignice,

Can you let me know which version of 1Password in the browser you are currently using?

The issue I previously mentioned should have been fixed in a recent update.

• zignice
    zignice
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, seems to be working now

• Thank you for the update, @zignice.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.