Issues with autofill & password generation (Safari/macOS Sonoma)

Options

I've been experiencing issues with autofill after upgrading my Mac. These issues appear to be limited to Safari (Firefox continues to work fine). They include:

• Clicking the 1Password icon in a login field when 1Password is locked sometimes takes a VERY long time to show the unlock window.
  • Once 1Password is unlocked as above, the drop-down on the login field with a suggested login almost never appears until I click the 1Password icon in the menu bar.
  • Generating and saving a new login within the browser is effectively impossible -- when I tried, it hung for over a minute. Once the dialog to create a password appeared, it took multiple seconds to do operations, and clicking the "Save" button at the end resulted in the password being saved only after a minute or two, but the creation dialog never went away.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @nwgh,

I'm sorry for the trouble, it sounds like 1Password in your browser may be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app. Do these steps improve things at all?

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on!

• nwgh
    nwgh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles , thanks for the steps! Unfortunately, things are still really laggy/broken when using the 1password icon that appears inline in the username/password input. I will note, using the 1password icon in the menu bar works fine once 1password is unlocked.

• Thank you for getting back to me @nwgh.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• nwgh
    nwgh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles -- the support ID number I got is [#PPZ-86527-925]

• Thank you for posting the Support ID, @nwgh! I can see that one of my colleagues has already been in touch with you. You can continue the conversation with them over there, and to prevent having the conversation in two different places I’ll close this thread.

ref: PPZ-86527-925

• mmcwatters
    mmcwatters
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue and wondering if there was a resolution.

• Hey @mmcwatters,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. If you are still running into issues can you also send over the details as requested above so we can take a closer look?

Thank you!

• mmcwatters
    mmcwatters
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles yes! It worked for me. Thanks for checking in!

• Thank you for the update @mmcwatters, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!