iPad Asking For Touch ID On Every Autofill

Options
Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member

1Password on my iPad Air does not seem to behave in the same way as my iPhone or Mac.

Even though the 1Password app is unlocked, the extension is unlocked, and Auto-Lock on Exit is set to 4 hours, the iPad does not offer Autofill suggestions even if I tap the icon for 1Password in the field.

If I tap the key shown above the keyboard, I'm prompted to use Touch ID.

In contrast, once I've unlocked the 1Password extension and App on the Mac or iPhone, it doesn't repeatedly need authentication unless I lock the device.

What am I missing?

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: iPadOS 17.1.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @Penelope Pitstop! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari, the icon that I've pointed out in the screenshot below, isn't offering suggestions.

It sounds like 1Password for Safari is having trouble authenticating. Please try the following steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the 1Password icon in Safari's address bar at the top of the screen (not inside of a username or password field)
    6. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Does this resolve the issue or do you see the same message? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Thank you for your reply.

That did indeed fix it. I feel rather foolish for not having followed IT Troubleshooting 101 before posting.

Thanks again.

• I'm happy to hear that the steps resolved the issue. 🙂

-Dave