Double-tap AutoFill brings up iCloud Keychain

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to use passkeys on iPhone.

Comments

• chaithzx
    chaithzx
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the update. Off topic but now that I have your attention I have one more question.

Whenever a text field (inside an app or on website) does not populate the 1Password autofill, I try to click once in the text field and see a menu containing paste, autofill.

But whenever I press on Autofill - it takes me to the iOS system password manager instead of 1Password. Is this a bug too from iOS side?

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@chaithzx!

I've split your comment into a new thread so that we can discuss is separately. 🙂

There is indeed currently an issue in iOS where double-tapping on a field and then tapping AutoFill > Passwords will not respect your password manager selection from Settings > Passwords > Password Options (where you chose to use 1Password) and will instead bring up iCloud Keychain regardless of your selection.

The workaround is to invoke 1Password using the AutoFill prompt above your keyboard instead: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24225

• chaithzx
    chaithzx
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Well I did invoke this from the very beginning. But some fields does not just detect that it is an email field or password field and the AutoFill prompt above keyboard won't show up at all.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@chaithzx

I'm sorry that certain fields aren't being detected. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. I would recommend reporting any apps or websites that don't work properly with iOS AutoFill to their developer so that they can investigate further.

If you're using Safari, then I recommend trying our web extension which does handle the detection and filling of fields using our own filling engine: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

If you run into any websites that aren't being filled correctly by 1Password for Safari then let me know and I can file an issue for our developers to make improvements for that website. 🙂

-Dave