Cannot autofill username or password on Simplii app

Options
danpir
danpir
Community Member

Starting about two weeks ago I can no longer use 1password on my phone to autofill the username or password in the Simplii banking app. It used to be that I could click on password and then 1password would pop up and I could log in with my credentials. I am not having any issues in Chrome (both on mobile and my desktop). Any insight here? I have tried using 1password 7 instead of 8 because I recently upgraded to 8 and though that might be the issue, but the problem persisted using both versions of 1password.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.6.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @danpir! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling your credentials into the Simplii banking app. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. One of my colleagues recently tested the Simplii app and ran into the same issue that you're running into. It looks like a recent update to the Simplii app itself may have changed things.

I recommend that you report the issue to the developers of the Simplii app so that they can investigate why their app is no longer working with iOS AutoFill. In the meantime, you can copy and paste your credentials from the 1Password app: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

• danpir
    danpir
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Okay thank you! That is what I have been doing (copying and pasting), just not as convenient. I will let the Simplii app developers know of the issue. Appreciate your time!

• @danpir

Sounds good. Let me know if you have any other questions in the future. 🙂

-Dave