Security changes from biometric to passkey frequently

Options
hawklet00
hawklet00
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

Not sure what's going on, but one pass on my Pixel 7 with Android 14 frequently reverts back to using my passkey rather than biometric security. I'm not changing it. Sure, why it's changing back. Was a new setting added in an update? Or is this a bug?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hawklet00, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry 1Password isn't unlocking as expected.

After your password is requested, do you have to go through security settings and reselect Biometric unlock, or is your fingerprint accepted again after entering your password? If your fingerprint is accepted after entering your password, I'd like to ask you to change your Require password setting:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Tap Require password, then select a longer period of time.

Is your password still frequently required?

If so, or if you have to reselect Biometric unlock after your password is requested, I'd like to ask you to reset Biometric unlock:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Under Unlock, select Password.
    5. Remove 1Password from Recents, then restart your device.
    6. Return to Security settings, then select Biometric.
    7. Tap back then close the Settings menu.
    8. Tap the account or collection icon > Lock.
    9. Enter your account password and unlock 1Password to finish Biometric unlock setup.
    10. Tap the account or collection icon > Lock.

Let us know how that goes, and thanks again!

• hawklet00
    hawklet00
    Community Member
    Options

my apologies for the stupid user question, but what do you mean "remove 1password from recents"? that is the only step im not sure about. im trying the second set of steps as the period of time that biometric unlock should work is still 2 weeks.

• Hey @hawklet00, Timothy is referring to removing 1Password from your recent App list. Hope that helps clarify!