Safari extension not working anymore using macOS 14.2 Beta 1

Options
Tobster77
Tobster77
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Update: it's working now.

hi there ! the safari extension isn't working anymore running macOS 14.2 Beta 1. if I try to unlock the extension safari opens a new tab which stays blank and nothing happens. already reinstalled the extension - no help. unable to unlock the extension.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: macOS 14.2
Browser: safari

Comments

• Hello @Tobster77,

Thank you for reporting this. This is an issue in the macOS 14.2 beta 1 and the webkit team has identified and resolved this problem in Safari for a future macOS update.

You mentioned that it's now working, just to confirm, was this issue resolved after updating macOS?

• Tobster77
    Tobster77
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there ! After several minutes a tab within safari shows (without any action by me), that the 1password extension needs to be restarted / safari needs to be restarted. restarting safari solved the problem for now. thx.

• Hey @Tobster77,

Thank you for the update, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

• Hey @Tobster77, thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear things are now working as expected. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

-Evon

• Tobster77
    Tobster77
    Community Member
    Options

hi again ! After Beta 3 the extension seems to be completely dead. it doesn't accept the correct password to unlock OR it shows "open 1Password" and nothing happens. already tried to reinstall the extension - no help.

• @Tobster77

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari isn't working on your Mac. As a quick troubleshooting step, please try the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

If that doesn't work then I'd like to request a couple of files from your end so that we can investigate this further:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Tobster77
    Tobster77
    Community Member
    Options

[#CYB-69625-485]

• Tobster77
    Tobster77
    Community Member
    Options

I have the problem on different Macs using MacOS 14.2 Beta 3

• @Tobster77

Thank you for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will take a look at the logs that you've provided and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: CYB-69625-485

This discussion has been closed.